Program: Health and Nutrition
Health and Nutrition
Health and nutrition is vital to both caregivers and their children. Thrive provided both short-term and long-term support to families with emergency or chronic medical or nutritional needs. We provide:
- Medical care where the life of a child or primary caregiver is in jeopardy and where that family is unable to cover the cost.
- A demonstration rabbit farm where families can learn how to raise rabbits and collect 'starter' rabbits to provide a vital source of nutrition to their children
- Nutritional supplements and support to critically vulnerable families, and families coping with malnutrition or chronic illnesses.
- Health information to families on nutrition, on how to manage childhood illness and on how to protect against malaria and water-borne diseases
- Access to loans to set up animal husbandry and farming projects to feed their families